If the state believes with reasonable certainty that you have been arrested for a criminal offense, you can be arrested. If you have been arrested for a crime, it is important that you take it seriously and get legal help. Here, we provide you with some information on what steps you need to take if you have been arrested in or around Los Angeles, California.
What Should I Expect?
When being placed under arrest, it is important to know what process you will undertake and have to navigate. Here is what you should remember:
- Your Miranda rights – Especially that you have the right to remain silent and the right to not make self-incriminate yourself.
- You will be booked by law enforcement when brought to the police department.
- After booking, you will appear in court for arraignment.
- You may need to secure bail.
- If bail is posted, you will be released.
If you were arrested for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, you will likely be required to take a blood or breath test. You can choose to refuse a chemical, but you may be subject to harsh penalties as a result, such as having your license revoked.
What We Want You to Know
In addition to the process, here are some aspects we want you to know about your arrest and some advice we can provide you:
- Do not run from the scene of the incident
- Do not self-incriminate yourself. Let your attorney do the talking.
- Do not give the officers permission to search you or your vehicle, unless they have official warrants
- Do not resist your arrest
- Do not allow an officer into your home or office, unless they have official warrants
Important: Choose Your Attorney Wisely
Our Los Angeles criminal defense attorney from Manshoory Law Group, APC has the skills you need and can trust. He is licensed to appear before all California courts and the California United States District Court. He makes himself available throughout every step of the case and can provide you with the assistance that you need. Additionally, he is committed to remaining in constant contact with clients throughout each step. Contact us today if you need aggressive guidance in Los Angeles!